MOST PEOPLE are unaware of the fact that drinking wine can actually have several health benefits that you would have never thought of before.
Yes, that’s right – wine is the answer to it all as long as it’s done in moderation so the benefits don’t turn into dangers.
One of the antioxidants found in wine is resveratrol, which is the one to have the beneficial effect. It is found in the skin of grapes, and that is where the red wine comes in because it has more than white wine.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: 5 tips on how to open a bottle of wine like a pro
According to Health Fitness Revolution, here are the top ten reasons as to why wine is beneficial:
• Healthy heart – The antioxidants can help prevent heart diseases. They can increase your levels of high-density lipids (your “good” cholesterol) and lower your “bad” cholesterol (low-density lipids). They can protect your arteries from damage and prevent blood clots because the antioxidants enable your blood to flow easily. Wine may also increase the levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are also known to have protective effects on heart and blood circulation.
• Encourages longevity – The combination of alcohol and grapes in wine have shown to have an effect in extending lifespan. With just a glass of wine you can live a longer, happier, healthier life.
• Anti-aging effects – Red wine can help your skin look better and slow the effects of aging, such wrinkles, frown lines and crow’s-feet.
• Reduces stress – Moderate wine drinkers tend to have less stress in their lives. Studies have found there is an association between moderate alcohol intake and lower levels of depression, anxiety and perceived stress.
• Decreases risks for diabetes – Wine can improve your sensitivity to insulin, which is a great thing since insulin resistance is the most important critical factor contributing to type 2 diabetes risk. Improving sensitivity to insulin will ensure that your body takes up insulin properly.
• Lowers risks for cancer – Antioxidants have cancer-fighting abilities and red wine certainly has a lot of antioxidants.
• Promotes mental health – Red wine can reduce your risks of stroke and getting dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. The antioxidants in red wine reduces the stickiness of blood platelets, helping keep blood vessels open and flexible. This helps maintain a good blood supply to the brain, therefore reducing the risk for brain and mental impairment.
• Improve bone strength – Studies have shown that people who drink a glass of wine had greater bone mineral density in the hip region of their thigh bones, than nondrinkers or heavy drinkers.
• Protects teeth – Red wine and grape seed extracts help remove certain bacteria from teeth. This particular activity produces acid which damages the teeth over time and causes such dental diseases as cavities and gingivitis. A glass of red wine may kill these dangerous bacteria in your mouth, promoting dental health.
• Fosters good eyesight – Antioxidants in red wine prevent age-related deterioration of eye muscles. Wine can help stop the growth of blood vessels in the eye, which is good because if blood vessels continue to grow, they can cause macular degeneration or failing eyesight.
Source: Top 10 Health Benefits of Drinking Wine – Health Fitness Revolution
HAVE YOUR SAY
For news straight to your phone, add us on BBM 58F3D7A7 or WhatsApp 082 421 6033