Child porn accused back in court

Pic: nation.com.pk

THE alleged Pennington paedophile, aged 22 at the time of his arrest on September 8 last year, briefly appeared in the Scottburgh Magistrate’s Court on Monday this week.

The case was postponed to Wednesday, February 3.

The man faces a charge of ‘distribution of film with sexual content’, the sexual content being child pornography. He is currently out on bail.

On September 8 last year, Miranda Friedmann, director of  Women and Men Against Child Abuse, said: “The young, unemployed man admitted to the possession and distribution of (baby 0-5 years) child abuse images.”

National police spokesman, Solomon Makgale said the accused admitted that ‘viewing the images, as well as his fetish for dressing up like a girl, had become an addiction’.

The man’s grandmother, with whom he lived, has said that he liked to pretend to be a girl and dressed up as such. A laptop containing thousands of child abuse images and videos was confiscated from his residence in Pennington as were costumes, dresses, panties and a child blow-up doll.

The arrest is part of a larger international investigation into child pornography distributors.

 

  AUTHOR
Juan Venter
Reporter

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Recommended Story x
Increase in child pornography on KZN South Coast – prosecutor